The Buckhead Spring Arts & Crafts Festival has become a mainstay in the Atlanta Arts community. The Buckhead Spring Arts & Crafts Festival includes a wide range of artistic disciplines for art and craft.
Below you will find important dates, Festival regulations and more.
4469 Stella Drive
Atlanta, GA 30327
October 1, 2014: Application Open
March 13, 2015 (Midnight Eastern Time Zone) : Application Deadline
March 18, 2015: Jury meets
March 20, 2015: Notification of Acceptance
April 17, 2015: Deadline to Purchase
May 9-10, 2015: Chastain Spring Arts & Crafts Festival
Fees and Booth Information:
Application fee: $25 (online), $35 (mail in)
Booth 10'x12': $200
Booth (double) 10'x24': $400
Corner upgrade: $50 (limited quantity)
Electricity: $50 (limited quantity)
Categories: The Chastain Park Spring Arts & Crafts Festival has the right to re-categorize an artist's submission. We strongly support southern artists, but all applicants are juried equally by the same criteria.
Unlike the Fall Fine Arts Festival, we are including handcrafters in this Festival. (If you are looking for a strict "Fine Arts" festival please join us in the fall at the Chastain Park Arts Festival). We will do our best to physically separate the categories of participants. Please keep in mind that this is structuered as an Arts Festival, so you will not find yourself located next to a row of local businesses.
All applicants are required to submit no less than 5 photographs of their work and at least 1 must be of their display.
White top 10x10 tents with weights are required
. We do not permit booth sharing under any circumstances. All artists must be present with their work during the event. We do not permit employees or friends to substitute for the artist.
ONE APPLICATION PER CATEGORY PLEASE. Artists may submit more than one application, but they must be in separate categories. Artists selling jewelry must be juried into the jewelry category.
DAY OF INFORMATION:
Rules and Regulations
* The Chastain Park Spring Arts and Crafts Festival is a selective fine arts and craft event. The Festival committee reserves the right to refuse exhibition of work not consistent with the quality and cohesiveness of submitted slides. Artists that do not comply with the Festival rules and regulations may be asked to leave immediately and will not be eligible for refund.
* All work must be original and handcrafted. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist(s). No work that has been made with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans or prefabricated pieces is allowed. The work sold in the Festival must be of the same nature and quality as the images submitted for jurying. The Festival management reserves the right to request the removal of any work that differs from images submitted and accepted, as well as any inappropriate work or display.
* Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Orginial art must occupy at least 50% of the artist's wall space. All artwork on walls must be framed (if appropriate). Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork displayed must be for sale.
* Artists may show work only in categories approved by the Jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality and type that is shown in images juried.
* Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival. No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate the artist's booth.
* If the work is collaborative, each collaborator must be present. Collaborations/ partnerships are permitted, however all artists must be listed. If you operate a multi-artist studio, you must be represent this to the Festival and the public. Commercial studios involved in volume production will not be considered for inclusion in the show. Artist may not display or sell work by apprentices or employees.
* Artists are responsible for collecting and paying the applicable Atlanta Sales tax (8%) to the Georgia Department of Revenue.
The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations prior to the due date must be made in written form and submitted by mail or email. By mail: send to P.O. Box 422571, Atlanta GA 30342. By email: to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given for cancellations after the due date or no-shows.
NO SHOW POLICY
Artists who have not checked-in and/or called the Festival Emergency number (number will be available in confirmation materials) by 8:00 a.m. of the morning of the event will be considered a "no-show." No Show artists will not be eligible for refunds and assigned space(s) will be forfeited to a wait list artist.
There will be no "rain date" and fees will not be refunded in the case of inclement weather.
Assigned booth spaces are 10' deep and 12' wide. Double booths are also available, space permitting. All work exhibited must be confined within the assigned space(s). Artists are responsible for providing their own means displaying their work. All artists must weight down their tents.
LOAD IN AND LOAD OUT
Artists will be able to unload near their booth during set-up and tear down. Artists can load-in only during their designated time and must check-in with a photo ID. The lane of traffic is wide enough for only one lane of vehicles. Therefore, we depend upon artist's cooperation to keep traffic moving at a pace that will allow everyone equal time to set-up. We ask that upon arrival at your booth location you unpack, then move your vehicle before you start set-up. Artists will be responsible for hand carting in additional merchandise after this time.
We will do our best to honor any space request submitted in writing on the application.
Parking is available on site. Specific directions will be given with your check in package.
Overnight security will be provided and will patrol the Festival area on Friday and Saturday nights. Please keep in mind that security is limited so we request that you take precautions and remove all valuable items. The Buckhead Spring Arts and Crafts Festival is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage.
Hospitality services will provide refreshments throughout the show for Artists.
24 hour security
Name tag, booth signs, "goody bag"